Especially now, we take standards for hygiene and cleanliness even more seriously. To ensure the safety of our guests and staff we have added additional steps to ensure we meet the latest guidance on these issues. Our hotel’s health and safety measures are designed to address a broad spectrum of viruses, including COVID-19, and include everything from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guest room and common area cleaning procedures. Here are some examples:
Staff Health, Safety and Knowledge: Health, safety and knowledge – are essential to an effective cleaning program for our staff members. Here are some ways we’re supporting them:
- Hand Hygiene: Proper and frequent handwashing is vital to help combat the spread of viruses. In our daily meetings, our teams are reminded that cleanliness starts with this simple act. Important not only for their health but for that of our guests.
- Ongoing Training: In addition to training on housekeeping and hygiene protocols, our staff will be ready prepared with enhanced COVID-19 awareness training.
Cleaning Products and Protocols: We use cleaning products and protocols which are effective against viruses, including:
- Guest Rooms: Cleaning and disinfecting protocols after guests depart and before the next guest arrives, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
- Public Spaces: Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in public spaces, with a focus on the counters at the front desk, elevators and elevator buttons, door handles, public bathrooms and even room keys.
- Behind the Scenes: In the areas where staff work “back of house,” we increased the frequency of cleaning and focus on high-touch areas like associate entrances, locker rooms, laundry rooms, cafeterias, bathrooms and staff offices.